This hands-on position oversees the Shipping and Receiving department to ensure timely, accurate and consistent shipping/receiving of finished product and raw materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive truck daily transferring pallets of finished candy from production plant to distribution center. Approximately a 10 min drive.
- Operate forklift to load/unload trucks.
- Responsible to help ensure Piedmont Candy Company maintains the high standards set forth by our food safety certification body as they pertain to Food Safety, Legality, and Quality.
- Transport small parcel orders from sample area to Building B pick point daily
- Ship and receive goods per shipping and receiving protocols
Minimum Job Requirements
- 3+ years of warehouse experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift up 30 pounds
- Clean driving record
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office products
- Prior forklift experience needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
Required work authorization:
Trucking freight handling:
- Using pallet jack/forklift