The Benefits and Onboarding Specialist supports DineAmic Hospitality employees in two key areas: managing the day-to-day operations of group benefits and perks programs, such as medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and retirement plans, and conducting engaging onboarding and efficient offboarding of all full-time corporate and management employees. The Benefits and Onboarding Specialist will lead new hire orientations; educate employees about available perks and benefit offerings; provide excellent customer service, resolving perks and benefits-related questions and problems both quickly and accurately; and design ways to improve upon existing programs and procedures. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with employees at all levels, maintains high standards of integrity and confidentiality, and has experience with both the administration of employee benefits and stewarding a strong onboarding program for a mid-size or large company.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
Administer health and welfare plans, including workers comp audits and claims; benefits renewals, enrollments, changes, and terminations; and the annual open enrollment process
Process documents such as new hire paperwork, FROIs, COBRA paperwork, workers comp claims, leaves of absences, time off requests, benefits enrollments, etc. through HRIS system and/or with insurance providers
Conduct regular audits and perform monthly and annual reporting on HRIS to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators; Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Process monthly invoices for plans that are part of our benefits and perks offerings
- Design and distribute materials for benefits education; Provide companywide training and support on benefits; Research, recommend and implement new benefits programs
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a human resources/benefits administration related position required
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and reporting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Hospitality experience preferred