Qualified candidates for the role of Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in effectively developing, engaging and maintaining professional relationships - primarily with investigators, top tier KOLs, healthcare providers and scientific experts focused on our Alzheimer’s clinical trials. Successful candidates are adept at preparing and delivering bi-directional scientific information and effectively entering into strategic discussions as they relate to Eisai clinical trials. Additionally, the candidate is able to engage healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, and others regarding medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai products. Experienced candidates are expected to demonstrate leadership competencies and support team members via collaboration, sharing of best practices and influencing others. This may include but is not limited to the teaching, coaching and mentoring new hires and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, learning agility, adaptability, and depth of scientific knowledge are key competencies that must be readily demonstrated by a qualified candidate.
1. Develop and maintain professional relationships with investigators and prominent healthcare providers as they relate to Alzheimer’s disease and our clinical trials.
2. Provide scientific information and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical information and our clinical trials related to our Alzheimer’s pipeline products to investigators, healthcare professionals, individual physicians, and academic research centers.
3. Conduct oneself in a non-promotional manner, respond appropriately to unsolicited inquires, facilitate research oriented requests (both company sponsored and investigator initiated requests) and act in accordance with applicable EISAI values, compliance, legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Work as a team player, sharing all insights, learnings and best practices with the team and assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
- Job Qualifications
- Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g MD, DO, PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum of 2 years of MSL experience, preferably in Alzheimer’s disease
- 2+ years pharma/industry related experience
- Disease state management knowledge in the Alzheimer’s Disease therapeutic area and a neurology/neuroscience background preferred
- Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
- Strong overall written and verbal communication, including strategic conversation skills
- Knowledge and experience within Eisai neurology therapeutic area; comfortable and confident speaking about drug information/disease state management
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies
- Understanding of the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical Affairs
- Provide collaboration and alignment within the team and across cross-functional teams such as clinical development
- Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
- Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest
- Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically
- Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials, working with spreadsheets and mobile based applications
- Clinical research/drug development experience