Chariot is building the world's first profitable mass transit service. We're looking for a talented Legal Support Specialist to join the team! The successful candidate will support, as well as contribute to building, a growing legal department that includes four attorneys. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to partner with the legal team and across other departments. The person should be a highly organized, energetic, detail-oriented, and creative problem-solver with sound judgment as well as impeccable integrity.
You'll need to be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into tough legal and business problems to reach practical solutions.
- Work with Chariot in-house attorneys and outside counsel to support all legal work and activities, wherever needed.
- Prepare, process, and maintain statutory and regulatory filings and deadlines.
- Implement and maintain a legal document management and filing system.
- Update and maintain relevant legal matter and other tracking systems.
- Maintain and update litigation calendar and other legal-related calendars.
- Develop and implement processes to assist in Legal Department's organization and growth as needed, i.e. invoice tracking system, billing and case management guidelines.
- Administer and become subject matter expert of legal business systems tools and software.
- Assist with compliance initiatives and disseminating regulatory and legal guidance across the company.
- Assist and at times lead execution of legal and compliance projects as needed.
- Coordinate document collections and maintain legal holds.
- The desire and ability to meet the needs of a high-growth, fast-paced, startup company.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience).
- At least 2-5 years of experience working at a major law firm or in a corporate legal environment
- Adaptable to changing environments and shifting priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking capabilities, and good judgment.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible.
- A generalist - you can do a little of everything and enjoy a wide-ranging role.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Flexible team player who loves both thinking strategically and executing day-to-day.
- Exceptionally organized, efficient and articulate
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, and specifically with G-Suite applications, Excel, and Word.
- Technical Savvy – including experience with a variety of business systems highly preferred.
- Experience with contract management tools/software a plus.