Position supports Marketing Procurement with a focus on Various Media and Branding Channels, Including but not limited to: Search, Social, Programmatic, Newspaper Advertising, and Signage and Branding in stores.
Implements procurement strategies, from initial identification of procurement needs through delivery, for indirect goods and services. Assists with execution of short-term and long-term strategies that align with the Company goals for reducing costs and company financial goals.
Responsible for less complex negotiating, coordinating, and assuring that assigned indirect spend categories and services are purchased at the lowest possible cost. Assesses near-term and long term plans to establish supplier priorities balanced with business needs; consults with Management, and other subject experts to develop alternative solutions; advises on options, risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts.
- Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Under the direction of Category Manager, develops and executes category sourcing strategies, including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Assists with development and implementation of business plans, performance goals and metrics for each assigned category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Supply Chain and others as needed on cross-functional sourcing opportunities. Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices.
- Collaborates on inventory control, including lifecycle of product, and assists in project management of all sourcing activities. Makes suggestions for opportunities to reduce product and service costs.
- Drives tracking and reporting for assigned spend areas; assists with tracking mechanics and supplier key performance indicators with Category Manager. Performs data analysis and modeling.
- Participates in weekly category review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance.
- Assists with the management of category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Supports the balancing of spend portfolio for reoccurring managed spend through coordinated sourcing activities that leverage both Expanse and Capital work streams.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies.
- Cultivates team morale, motivation, and loyalty through continuous training and mentorship, proving clear communication and constructive feedback.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in Retail, Sales, and/or Category Management and/or analyzing related data such as sales trends, assortment selections, or financial planning OR High School equivalent and 5 years of experience in Retail, Sales, and/or Category Management and/or analyzing related data such as sales trends, assortment selections, or financial planning.
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices.
- Experience in supplier negotiations and developing/executing sourcing strategies.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
- At least 2 years of experience in negotiating deals.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree
For additional information on the Associate Category Manager positions, please feel free to take a look at these articles. They help to give exciting insight into the WBA’s Group Procurement Organization:
Job Type: Full-time