The Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED) will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. LASED will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Managing Director; the Vice President of Security is the senior leader within the Security team, and ensures that the highest level of service is provided by overseeing security operations of the entire Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED). LASED has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all LASED visitors.
The Vice President of Security will have the opportunity to plan the initial LASED security departments including the hiring of new staff, the establishment of responsibilities and the administration of developing and consistently executing standard operating policies and procedures from the ground up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With a Fan First mindset, plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security of all LASED guests, employees, performers, public officials, executive management and clients
- Provide management for all services and activities involved in event and building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal emergency services personnel such as Police, Fire, EMT's, FBI, and Homeland Security as it relates to standard practices and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; update and manage facility Emergency Operating Plans with regular updates and exercises
- Assess, develop and oversee the execution of security strategies and plans as required for the LASED to secure campus and building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center and Loading Dock
- Oversee the LASED security staffing operations during events and respond to incidents as required; coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty law enforcement
- Plan and schedule event day medical staffing and respond to medical incidents as required
- Oversee internal and external security investigations and collaborate with law enforcement agencies
- Work closely with NFL League Security and visiting team and show touring security personnel to ensure seamless security measures
- Develop and deliver written documentation pertaining to safety & security plans for small, medium, and large events, as well as the normal day to day operations of the facility including a Public Safety Policy Manual.
- Execute NFL Security Procedures & Guidelines
- Collaborate with peers and other departments to ensure the highest level of guest experience including safety and security while maximizing budget control.
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Oversee security operational training standards including the dissemination and implementation of the latest technology as well as employee training and development
- Manage and maintain the LASED employee identification and access control systems
- Lead regular event security and venue safety briefings with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to the LASED Campus security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate
- Interpret and apply City, State and Federal policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Oversee the purchasing and ordering of security related goods
- On-call 24/7, as needed and based on LASED events and other activities
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, staffing, and training of the security team
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the field of Security, preferably in a stadium, multi-purpose arena or similar environment
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive supervisory management experience in Security with direct responsibility supervising and directing staffs across a wide-range of security operating functions in a changing environment
- Must have direct and extensive experience of special event planning, threat assessment / risk analysis; operational characteristics, services and activities of live entertainment security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling are required
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking and food & beverage operations is desired
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraint
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community
- Past professional work experience within a pertinent Federal, State, and local law enforcement capacity is preferred
- Past experience with major international events, such as the Super Bowl, World Cup, Olympics is desired
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environmentwhile meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Knowledge of and a passion for live entertainment, professional football, and large-scale events
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide constructive feedback
- Must be able to provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations
- Good inter-personal and communication skills are required
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building high performance teams
LASED strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.