Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID#: 13289BR
The Senior Ruby Engineer develops new features, offerings, and enhancements for the Deluxe eChecks SaaS solution through partnerships with executive leadership, product managers, and other software engineers.
- Participate in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements
- Develop estimates for stories, bugs and tasks.
- Drive best practices, toolsets and common design patters within the Web service and Ruby solution stack
- Leads and/or participates in backlog grooming, planning, and other agile planning activities
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.Required:
Education: Bachelors (or equivalent) in computer science or related field
Experience: 6+ years of hands hand development and full life cycle design
- Experience with git
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, SCSS and CSS
- Experience with JSON and/or XML-based remote request frameworks.
- Experience within an agile scrum framework
- Experience with common data exchange formats and approaches
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences.
- High attention to detail and problem resolution.
- High degree of proficiency with relational databases
- Experience with cloud technology, especially AWS
- Passionate about automated testing and rock solid code
- Passionate about learning and technology
- Consistently writes code as a matter of pride.
Job Type: Full-time
- Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts