Hopewell Nursery is a wholesale grower of trees, shrubs, roses and perennials providing quality live goods throughout Maryland and Virginia. We are seeking enthusiastic merchandisers to care for our product in the big box garden center environment in several locations
The ideal candidate enjoys working outside , excels at customer service, is self-directed and able to work independently.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stock tables and displays with merchandise while keeping garden center in order and plan a gram compliant.
- Assist with the movement of product from delivery trucks to the sales floor.
- Follows direction from assigned District Manager regarding all aspects of responsibilities including signing product for all sales and Home Depot ads and merchandising for all third party vendor product.
- Communicate effectively with District Manager and Home Depot personnel.
- Greet customers and assist them by answering product related and general gardening questions.
- Water product as necessary.
- Ability to take quality photos for submission to District Manager.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- A basic knowledge of plants and gardening or an interest in learning about plants and gardening. Candidate must be able to understand how to merchandise live goods or be willing to learn.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working independently.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including one weekend day and holidays.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Hopewell team members and customers.
- Candidate must be able to stand for a long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day.
- Reliable transportation.
- Smart phone is required.
- Willingness to work in all types of weather.
Hopewell has full and part time positions available and welcomes retirees to help with the daily functions as well as customer service.
Salary will commensurate with experience, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sunday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Monday (Required)
Hours per week:
- Repetitive lifting
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Day shift