(NO 3RD PARTIES PLEASE)
CAN WORK ON A W2
SOFT's client located in Hicksville, NY is looking for a QA Analyst for a long term contract assignment.
This role will cover the development, execution, and reporting for all project related test plans, resource management, and environment development to support the Test work stream.
This role may be assigned to multiple projects but will act a primary lead to support all Testing efforts.
The role holder will work with Project Managers, Client Leads, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Systems Analysts, Digital Risk and Security Consultants and vendors.
The role will lead a test team covering one or more projects at a time.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How: 1, 2, 3,4,6,7,8 are must
- Mobile Application Testing
- SaaS Application Testing
- Agile Scrum
- Testing Planning, Test Strategy, Test Execution and Test Data (Test Lead for 3years minimum)
- AWS Cloud applications testing nice to have
- Integration testing Strategy/Planning/Development/Execution
- Team Player
- Experience using VSTS for test management
- Ensures that all solutions properly meet the specified functional, system, design, and business requirements and established software release criteria.
- Works with the Business and Project Leads and help the team make risk based decisions.
- Leads the development of the solution test strategy, plan development and execution (SIT/UAT)
- Leads the development of the unit, system, User Acceptance, and Disaster Recovery test plans/scripts.
- Analyzes complex requirements and build effective test strategies and associated test data needed to execute tests
- Performs system analysis and risk analysis as a part of test strategy development.
- Provides project team with testing estimates, metrics, and status
- Leads the execution of the test plans to ensure the highest degree of quality of our solutions.
- Verify, clearly document, and track software defects. Include a level of information which allows the project team to resolve issues more quickly (e.g. clear description, steps to recreate, root cause, etc.)
- Provides test progress reports that assess quality, test coverage, and performance.
- Assists in the design, configuration, and administration of multiple testing environments.
- Develops Test Completion Reports. Present results for approval.
- Leads the development of test case automation.
- Leads retesting to validate defect fixes.
- Assists in planning and coordinating environment promotions. e.g. Development environment change promotions to the Test environment with the Technical Lead.
- Responsible for the validation of the business requirements and the risks where requirements are not met. Other Key Skills Required:
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with colleagues, partners / vendors & project stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills (e.g. oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation)
- Professional attitude and presentation
- Aptitude for learning business and technology
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Team player attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have a strong understanding of Testing/QA methodologies
- Attention to detail and solid problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Competence and self-motivation in analyzing technical problems and getting to the root cause
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple and dynamic priorities
- Ability to work with a global project team ( Remote/Offsite/Onsite)
- Ability to train and mentor testers.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience is required.
- Bachelor Degree level – Computer Science, Engineering and other required
- Agile Scrum Certified Tester Nice to have
- Agile Scrum master
- Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer) desirable but proven experience to promote best practices related to testing.
Job Type: Contract
- Agile Scrum: 3 years (Required)
- SAAS: 3 years (Required)
- Mobile Application Testing: 3 years (Required)
- Test lead: 3 years (Required)
- Hicksville, NY (Preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (Preferred)