Fast-paced, dynamic, boutique law firm in the heart of Oakland is seeking a dynamic and energetic litigation paralegal/legal secretary hybrid to join our team to assist with all aspects of litigation support. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your skills while working with talented attorneys in the areas of employment, asbestos, medical malpractice and general liability.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting attorneys with all aspects of case management including:
- Calendaring court appearances, deadlines, and depositions.
- Preparation of subpoenas.
- Some expert coordination.
- Drafting correspondence, pleadings and discovery.
- Assisting the Senior Paralegal in preparing cases for trial.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in civil litigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate.
- Knowledge of California Superior Court procedures, Code of Civil Procedure, Rules of Court, and Federal Court rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Amicus Attorney is a plus.
- Experience filing and obtaining documents via File & Serve Xpress, CM/ECF and Pacer.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The firm offers excellent benefits including 401K, medical and dental. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. For consideration, please submit a cover letter detailing reasons for the application as well as your resume.
Job Type: Full-time