Join Elwyn California!
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government, Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.
Elwyn California is currently seeking an Office Assistant to work with our team in San Jose. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Regional Director.
Office Assistant -
- Answering phones
- Receiving the public
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Organizing invoices
- Forwarding approved invoices to accounting department for processing
- Ordering equipment and supplies
- Advertising open positions within the agency and to the public
- Scheduling applicant interview
- Processing new hires, including tracking all required paperwork, verifying credentials, maintaining personnel records
- Assist with tracking of staff schedules, use of per diem staff, and use of overtime
- Assist with tracking of ongoing requirements for training and maintenance of professional licensures and certifications
- Assists with monitoring and editing payroll in ADP system, as needed
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
- Assist in special events, as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma required, Associates degree in relevant topic area preferred
One year of experience as an Office or Administrative Assistant.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, telephone protocol, and general PC computer/internet skills necessary.
Good communication, verbal, reading and writing skills.
Flexible and eager to learn new things.
Valid driver's license in state of residence
Hours of operations:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.