Remaking Secondary Storage
We are looking for best-in-class Engineers that will be transforming and redefining the secondary storage market with our disruptive hyperconverged storage platform (true scale-out architecture).
Cohesity ( http://cohesity.com/ ) provides the only hyper-converged platform designed to eliminate secondary storage silos. We consolidate all secondary data and associated management functions on ONE unified solution- including backups, files, objects, test/dev copies, and analytics. Not an easy challenge!
If you are passionate and driven to solve very difficult problems- Cohesity may have a spot for you within our world-class Engineering team.. Some of our team members has been part of building: original Google File System, Google Search and Ads, hyper-converged scale-out systems, Netflix Real Time Bidding & Cloud and Veritas Data Protection.
Forbes ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2017/04/04/punt-on-nutanix-and-keep-your-eye-out-for-cohesitys-ipo/#57f1cad21dbf ) and Top Employer ( https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cohesity-recognized-2016-top-workplace-120000432.html )and Blog ( http://cohesity.com/blog/happy-new-year-top-highlights-2016/ )
About this Role:
Cohesity is looking for senior level Software Development Engineer in Test ( SDET ) for Platform level testing and automation
- Run end to end validation, integration and failure tests of Cohesity software across multiple platforms .
- Own product areas and lead the test effort of one or more features related to:
- Hardware platforms & New product introduction (NPI):
- Work with hardware engineers, developers, vendors to select, qualify and support a new, existing x86 based hardware platform(s) including virtual, private and public cloud platforms.
- Component qualification:
- Qualify new components and/or new firmware for existing components like SSD, HDD, CPU, DIMM, NICs, BIOS, etc.
- Product Installer, Cluster management workflows and Upgrade testing
- Break-fix procedures
- Create, qualify and maintain break fix procedures for various hardware components spanning multiple platforms.
- Work with hardware team on hardware issues found in the field, RMA, and FA.
- Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop:
- the test methodology (designing the test approach) to test the feature end-to-end.
- test plans.
- Collaborate with other testing members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
- Execute multiple iterations of the test plan by running manual and automated test cases.
- Analyze failures and root cause issues, file defects, follow up with developers, documentation and other teams on the resolution.
- Automate test cases.
- Monitor and manage continuous integration environment.
- Mentor team members.
- Have a high bar for quality of the product.
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
- Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
- Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels).
- Good knowledge of Linux and should be comfortable with shell.
- Experience of integration testing new platforms & components.
- Experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python.
- Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
- Understanding of storage concepts
- Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
- BS in CS, CSE, EE or related fields. MS a plus.
- Min 5+ years of relevant platform level software testing/qa work experience
- Experience in qualifying storage or related field