Launched in 2012, Gwynnie Bee offers an unlimited-access clothing subscription service that utilizes innovative technology to transform the lives and wardrobes of women. Fueled by data, we challenge fashion's status quo with our revolutionary subscription model that allows women to access and experience endless clothing styles without limitations or commitment.
In 2017, Gwynnie Bee launched "CaaStle," a new technology platform enabling retailers to offer an unlimited-access clothing subscription service business to complement existing business models. As an extension of Gwynnie Bee, CaaStle offers a turnkey solution to retailers.
Comprised of offices in New York City, Mountain View, New Delhi, Bangalore, and two distribution centers located in Groveport and Phoenix, at Gwynnie Bee you'll discover a data- centric team that thrives on collaboration, camaraderie, and productive feedback.
About the role:
The Sample Coordinator will support the Creative Photoshoot team in the management of garment samples for all photo shoots, including E-commerce, First Fit Reviews, and Content shoots, as well as garment coordination for product copywriting.
What you'll do:
- Works hand-in-hand with OH Operations, as well as NYC-based Photo and Merchandising teams in managing garment samples for photoshoots in both OH and NYC
- Responsible for pulling, organizing and communicating launch styles/dates to Photoshoot team. Includes ensuring availability of samples for photoshoot deadlines by liaising with warehouse and buying team to procure
- Arrange and execute virtual rack reviews with NYC-based Photo team
- Participate in weekly Merch Ops teams - where troubleshooting of samples comes up.
- Manage in-house sample closet - maintain incoming/outgoing shipments and necessary transfers (to OH-based photo shoots, as well as NYC-based photo shoots). This includes managing both warehouse and buying team/vendor samples for photoshoot; checkout process of samples to other departments (i.e. PR); return of samples to warehouse circulation in timely fashion
- Manage in-house prop and make-up closet
E-Commerce and Other Photoshoot Production
We'd love for you to have:
- Ensure all garments and props are prepared for transportation to OH-based E-commerce and content photography shoots
- Prepares styles for the shoots, including arranging styles on rack by shot list, steaming/prepping, and working with Stylist to prep looks while communicating to Digital tech on which looks are in queue
- Supports Hair and Make-up during shoot, as needed.
- Prepares prop racks in support on Stylist and shot list looks
- At the end of shoot, preparing and organizing garments and props for transport back to DC or next day shoots
- As well, support Producer with set-up and ordering of crew/talent meals on Shoot Days
- Experience: 1-2 years
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Interest in fashion
- Proactive, team oriented attitude
Even if you don't meet all of these qualifications above, we'd still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
What we offer our employees:
- This position may entail hot indoor air temperatures, noisy conditions, standing and walking for long periods of time (up to 12 hours) and lifting garments and supplies
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Working environments, include but are not limited to warehouse, climate controlled office and a variety of work environments
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits starting Day 1 - Medical, Dental and Vision, 401(k)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Development and Advancement Opportunities
Gwynnie Bee is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Gwynnie Bee to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.