*Please make sure to fill out the application in this URL to be considered. To do this, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser*
The main objective of the House-Mom is to cultivate a safe and secure environment from late afternoon to the next morning, as well as foster a sense of family within the house. You will develop a fun and safe environment by leading afternoon and evening community activities, and delegate house assignments. You will be the first responder to all medical and personal emergencies. Parents, guardians, family members, school administrators, and teachers will rely on you as their primary point of contact. Overall, you are the scholars’ mom away from home.
- Have an accurate sense of our scholars’ emotional and mental well- being. House-Moms take initiative in engaging in healthy conversations with the scholars to maintain open communication.
- Assist scholars with: their transition to dorm life, homesickness, and troubles at home. It is important to holistically assess each participant by taking into consideration not only what happens in the dorm, but also at school and at home.
- Have a strong working relationship with House-Sister(s). She will serve as the second line of defense and should complement the House-Mom’s approach for the best house environment.
- Will be responsible for enforcing all disciplinary policies and protocol, keeping a record of scholars' medical requirements and dosages, monitoring scholars' hygiene, and accounting for each scholar at lights out (bedtime).
- Follow local and federal laws (i.e. drug & alcohol use, mandated reporting).
- Remain adaptable and uphold HomeWorks values for incidents and situations that arise that are above.
- Extensive experience with youth, especially with youth in Trenton
- Trustworthy, kind, professional, reliable, and an excellent communicator
- Able to keep the camp neat and orderly
- Female preferred
Dates of Dedication:
- House-Moms will participate in the mandatory staff orientation program on July 14, 2018, and be present during the student orientation program on July 15, 2018, as well as the open houses during the weeks of July 2nd – July 13th, 2018. We will announce specific times.
- House-Moms will live in the HomeWorks house in the evenings and at night for the duration of the program, which runs from July 16, 2018 to August 10, 2018. If you wish to bring family members to live at the HomeWorks House, this will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Working hours are from 2:30 pm to 8:30 am the next morning during the week, and starting at 4:30 pm on Sunday evenings. Each week, the program runs from Sunday afternoons at 4:30 pm to Friday mornings 8:30 am. Please bring exceptions to the attention of HomeWorks staff prior to the start of the program.
Terms of Compensation:
HomeWorks will pay you a total of $3,000 for this position, at $750/week for four weeks. The compensation will be issued on the Friday of every other week. HomeWorks will provide all dinner meals and overnight housing during the program.
Please make sure to fill out the application in this URL to be considered. To do this, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser.
For more information, please visit homeworkstrenton.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Contract