Peak Performance Physical Therapy is an industry-leading practice demonstrating excellence in diverse treatment programs including Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Spine Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, and Gait/Balance and Vestibular Therapy. Having served the Long Island community for over 25 years, we have built a best-in-class reputation in delivering quality care at our four locations throughout Nassau County.
We are currently looking for a full-time insurance verification specialist for our Island Park office.
Duties and responsibilities of role, include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage to ensure necessary visits/procedures are covered by the payer.
- Obtain all necessary authorizations for recommended treatment per payer requirements; this will include requests for diagnostic testing/surgical procedures.
- File appeals, if necessary, for authorization requests that are initially denied.
- Responsible for entering accurate data to ensure that the patients’ benefit and authorization information is updated in the organization’s practice management system and verify that existing information is correct.
- Work with patients to explain coverage amounts provided by their insurance policy and discuss financial obligations and payment options when necessary.
- Assist in the collection of patient copays/coinsurance.
- Assist billing department with insurance questions or issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in independently
- Computer savvy
- Previous medical experience
- At least one year verifying and authorizing insurance for a health care company
- Knowledge of various insurance carriers including, but not limited to: Medicare, Oxford, UHC, Aetna, BCBS, WC/NF, MPN, etc
- Life Insurance and Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- SIMPLE IRA with Match
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Insurance: 1 year (Required)