$10,000 Sign-On Bonus - NOC Shift
Del Amo Behavioral Health System, a subsidiary of UHS, offers a safe and compassionate environment for individuals looking for hope and healing from emotional, psychiatric and addiction issues.
Del Amo Behavioral Health offers a wide range of options, including inpatient, outpatient and specialty programs that includes children, adolescents, adults and seniors. Whether addressing the needs of adults, adolescents or children, we are committed to providing our patients with treatment to help them find recovery that endures. Our patients receive the same quality treatment from our thoughtful and compassionate team no matter the level of care.
Learn more and apply today by visiting our website at: www.delamohospital.com.
Staff and Charge RN’s provide safe and effective nursing care in the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the Hospital and within the framework of established policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Services. As a key team member in the clinical area, the Staff and Charge RN’s promote a climate of effective performance and learning through role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and availability to patients and staff including but not limited to:
1. Organize and direct care of patients, setting priorities and formulating assignments to include the most skilled staff to care for the most acutely ill patients.
2. Ensure staff complete assigned duties & patient care responsibilities during the assigned shift.
3. Provide thorough unit orientation to new staff.
4. Staff Nurse functions as Charge Nurse when assigned.
5. Assess each patient, complete plan of care, formulates a nursing diagnosis based upon assessment findings.
6. Document patient behavior, condition, and care in an accurate, timely and legible manner on all assigned patients, including in RN progress notes and pertinent graphics every shift.
7. Provide shift report using concise, meaningful language with all pertinent information, including patient name, diagnosis, physician, precautions, and levels of supervision, legal status, and discharge status, if known.
8. Follow safety procedures. Utilize appropriate observation level for patient: Q15 minute checks, 1:1 monitoring, and/or specific precautions.
9. Provide nursing care, within the scope of practice, to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- Actively attend and encourage participation of patients in milieu activities.
- Anticipate emergent situations; intervene early and appropriately
- Intervene in managing complex patient care situations, utilizing departmental policies and procedures that promote the most therapeutic alternatives. Prioritize interventions in rapidly changing patient situations.
As one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $40.76 - $53.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- License reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Work Location: In person