Are youlooking for a new opportunity to be a leader and grow alongside your nextorganization? At NIGP, we are growingand ready for innovation. We are lookingfor our new Controller to take us tothe next level. Are you that person?
As NIGP’s Controller you will lead theday-to-day financial, budgeting and reporting operations, including functionalresponsibility over accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable.Provides oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities andensure NIGP has systems and procedures in place to support effective programimplementation and conduct flawless audits.
Works closely with department directors andtheir staff, to educate regarding finance and accounting procedures and alsoexplore how finance and accounting functions can best support program operations.
Delivers timely communication of financialinformation related to all aspects of the organization.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Transitionaccounting system from Great Plains to Quickbooks Enterprise
- Monthend and year end close
- Overseebank account reconciliations
- Monthlyjournal entries
- Prepareand review monthly financial statements
- Analyzefinancial statements and identify trends
- Coordinateannual independent audit
- Participatein the budget process
- Achievesbudget objectives
- Collects,analyzes and summarizes trends to prepare special reports
- Monitorsthe Institute’s annual budget and monthly financial performance
- Hasoversight of investment portfolio
- Managementof long-term cash needs
- Maintenanceof banking relationships and services
- Developmentof policies and procedures ensuring internal controls and adherence to GAAP andfederal requirements
- Liaisonwith vendors
- Documentmonthly close process & bookkeeper responsibilities to ensure continuity ofoperations
- Superviseand back up our bookkeeper
Your Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Workingknowledge and success in managing fiscal compliance and standards definedthrough GAAP and FASB
- Workingknowledge and success in budget development, preparation, analysis, andforecasting
- Knowledgeand practical experience in accounting software databases (Great Plains and QuickbooksEnterprise a plus), as well as office software programs such as Microsoft Wordand Excel (knowledge of Avectra / netForum a great asset)
- Experiencewith general and sub-ledger maintenance
- Analyticaland critical decision making skills
- Abilityto set priorities, schedule staff assignments, and manage multiple deadlines
- Abilityto think strategically and perform tactically
- Abilityto adapt to changing priorities
- Abilityto develop, write and implement operational policies and practices
- Reliableand dependable
- Excellenttime management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to members and staff
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
Your Minimum Qualifications are:
- Bachelor’sdegree in accounting or related field. Master’s preferred
- 5-7years of accounting experience
- Prefer2-3 years of association experience
At NIGP, we are committed to provide competitive salaries that areequitable and reflect the requirements and responsibilities of theposition. In addition, we continuouslybenchmark our benefit package.
NIGP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, that values the strengthdiversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veteransare encouraged to apply.
EOE M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email resume along with salaryhistory/requirements.
Visit www.nigp.org for moreinformation about the Institute.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: