The Mobility Product Owner position is a highly technical role that requires comprehensive domain expertise of the Enhanced Packet Core (EPC) and strong working knowledge of the end-to-end 4G/5G mobility architectures. The Product Owner will work closely with Systems Architects, Engineering, and other Product Owners to define NetNumber’s mobility solutions, write technical specifications, develop acceptance criteria and validate that the final solution(s) meets the stated requirements. In this role, the Mobility Product Owner will be relied upon as the EPC and 4G/5G mobility Subject Matter Expert, supporting customer activities including RFx responses, bid defenses, and proof of concepts.
The Mobility PLM will also be expected to translate market needs into tangible, executable product plans and ensure the product is delivered to meet those needs. They will also be responsible for both adhering to and enforcing the Agile methodology, prioritizing the product backlog and working with the delivery teams on sprint planning and commitments required to deliver the full product release.
- Understand customer/market business requirements and translate them into executable product use cases and requirements
- Define product strategy including alignment of company initiatives and prioritizing viable markets
- Provide subject matter expertise on Mobility, EPC, and 5G Core
- Own prioritization of the product backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria, managing to the near-term tactical product roadmap
- Work with assigned engineering scrum teams to plan workflow, and define user stories and acceptable criteria
- Demonstrate an unwavering sense of accountability for the development and delivery of the Mobility products
- Define and author technical requirements and specifications.
- Deliver a finished product (including adequate testing and appropriate functional and performance capabilities)
Required Experience and Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in the telecommunications/networking industry, working with Tier 1 carriers, specifically in the Mobility and EPC domain
- Must have comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end EPC network architectures, packet core nodes, interfaces, and dependencies
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications, including new 5G standards as well as 2G/3G/LTE/WiFi technologies
- Working knowledge virtualization platforms and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of interworking of the mobile core with the IMS core
- Knowledge of OSS/BSS protocols and interfaces
- 7+ years Product Owner, or Solution Architect experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the company to external audiences
- Travel: must be able to travel (US and other countries), maintain a current passport, and have a driver’s license
- English: fluent in written and professional oral communication (internally and with customers)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar. Master’s degree, MBA or Technical desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules