Outside Sales Rep
Are you a go-getter who is ready to grow your career in one of the most rewarding industries in today’s economy? Do you dream of a career where you can help those around you achieve the American dream of home ownership? Whether you have dabbled in the building materials industry or are an expert in our products and business, you can further your career in an Outside Sales Representative role with the number one lumber and building materials provider in the U.S., Builders FirstSource.
As an OSR you will have an opportunity to use your experience, product knowledge, and skills to build relationships with current and potential customers while increasing sales. Every day will bring new challenges and experiences from soliciting new customers to troubleshooting a customer’s issue on their jobsite, to performing take offs. You will be working alongside of some of the industry’s top professionals and with enough hard work you will have nearly unlimited growth opportunities!
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Builders First Source has grown to be a $6+ billion dollar company with 14,000 employees in 42 states who is the leading provider of building supplies for homebuilders and remodelers. We also manufacture professional quality components and can provide installation for many of the products that we sell. At Builders FirstSource you will have the joy of working for a company with a nationwide reach but a local impact where you will be able to see how your work shapes your community.
Builders FirstSource Sales employees enjoy competitive compensation, as well as being eligible for company benefits from health insurance to 401(K). Apply now to become part of an award-winning team helping homebuilders and homebuyers in your local area!
Represents the company during the sales process by collecting data on customer needs and design specifications; soliciting of new customers: generating sales; and acting as liaison between inside design staff, production staff and customer in developing sales proposals. Spends majority of daily activities away from employer’s place of business making sales calls and obtaining orders or contracts for services and products.
- Researches, identifies and solicits new customers.
- Generates sales opportunities through research on client needs, industry competition and effective demonstration of the features and benefits of company products and services.
- Takes measurements and collects specification information at the customer’s site. Develops understanding of customer’s needs and matches those needs with company products and services.
- Effectively plans and conducts sales presentations for current and prospective customers. Designs professional presentations of company products and services and provides clarification of how we can meet their specific needs.
- Resolves issues or hands them off to the appropriate employee for resolution.
Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or related field plus two-years (2) industry sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.