Abode Services :
has multiple, temporary opportunities for Emergency Shelter Staff available immediately!:
If you’re a mission-driven worker looking to make a difference during this crisis, now is your time! Abode Services needs bold, selfless people for several critical positions at our Oakland sites:
Intake Specialists:Community Health Outreach Workers :
(must have MA/MSW, BA/BASW, and/or 3+ years case management experience with homeless to qualify)
- $25-30 per hour
- Must be willing to work directly with homeless individuals and patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 (or awaiting test results):
- Minimal contact with individuals and personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided
- Temporary, nonexempt positions, not eligible for benefits
- Part-time and full-time positions available for following shifts (subject to change):
How You Make an Impact::
How You Meet the Qualifications: :
- Support hotel guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 (or awaiting results) and homeless individuals
- Treat all vendors and guests equally with respect, according to agency guidelines
- Coordinate with vendors for food, janitorial, and security
- Oversee management of access to site for vendor staff, county staff, and clients
- Update tracking system for client units assignments
- Respond to client requests and escalate as necessary
- Serve as on-site liaison with county health care staff
- Communicate any issues to leadership, and/or with property owners as authorized by leadership
Physical Requirements: :
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals and families in crisis, homelessness, substance use, and/or mental health issues.
- Experience working in an outreach, shelter, drop-in, or residential setting preferred
- Ability to engage others easily, maintain an empathetic stance, and de-escalate situation
- Ability to work with diverse populations, possess cultural competency, and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients
- Understand the special needs of the homeless population
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required. Bilingual/Spanish skills preferable
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills, proven ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative workplace relationships.
- Ability to problem solve, resolve issues and disputes in an effective manner
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Reliable means of transportation required. Valid and current CA Driver's License and auto insurance required.
Ability to walk; sit; use hands to handle objects, operate keyboards, tools, or controls; talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Abode Services reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime with or without notice.
Abode Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace: