This position has Management level employees on the project or program as direct reports. This includes Design and Construction of BART Rail / Track projects. Will also interface and assist with Procurement, and Controls tasks in support of overall project success. Interface with Client and/or Contractor contact at a high level regarding performance metrics such as schedule, cost, scope and safety. Ability to analysis key performance metrics and indicators to proactively correct outcomes continuously is essential.
- Responsible for project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple Rail / Track improvement project assignments.
- Manage project development from programming through completion in accordance with multiple project objectives
- Manages budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required. Years of relevant work experience may be used to substitute a formal degree
- 10 years of Project Construction Management experience required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of large Rail / Track project experience (Required)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing large programs with projects in construction values excess of $100 million required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge in design and construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, environmental and LEED applications, team building and client relationship building preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.