Portland Community College
12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Academic Professional; Level 5, Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range:
Starting Salary: $48,237 to $51,673 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $48,237 to $85,104
Job Close Date:
Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College invites applicants to apply for the position of Marketing Coordinator. Under the general supervision and review of the Marketing and Communications office, the marketing coordinator serves as the first point of contact for all incoming projects.
The coordinator oversees client needs and advises on best avenues to achieve desired outcomes. The coordinator works directly with the Marketing and Communications manager to ascertain how best to accommodate new jobs with current office workflow, which includes evaluating budget and resources. The coordinator leads other staff including marketing specialists and designers) to prioritize work.
The coordinator works independently and in conjunction with various other college departments to achieve desired results. This position is part of College Advancement and a district service line.
This position is located at the Sylvania campus, reporting to the Marketing and Communications manager.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act as first point of contact for all incoming jobs
- Work with clients to ascertain scope of their project (to include basic needs, budget, timelines)
- Depending on focus of the project either act as project manager for it or appoint another project manager (i.e. if the focus is writing then the project manager would be the writer)
- Bring projects back to director (or manager) and/or team to discuss viability of project and what our department's role will be in it
- Work to place job adequately on office work schedule and work with writer and design team to make sure benchmarks are being hit. Work as liaison with clients.
- Negotiate with clients regarding ongoing needs between marketing department and their department and set expectations accordingly
- Communicate with clients to keep them apprised of the status of their jobs within our department
2. Coordinate creative and strategic direction for all projects and events
- Develop creative briefs as needed, which set up a contract between our department and the client
3. Coordinate ad buys for partnering departments (CLIMB, Community Education, etc.)
- Aid departments with yearly ad plans as needed
4. Act as main point of contact for all ad buys purchased on behalf of Advancement
5. Work on coordination needs associated with College CRM Pardot System in conjunction with Senior Designer and Writer/Content Coordinator (who will provide digital and writing assets)
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Four (4) years of marketing related experience required.
Strong background in print media marketing techniques to community based programs. Experience in developing a marketing campaign aimed at a large metropolitan area and/or small communities. Proven experience in project management, graphic design work and needs assessment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Marketing techniques;
- Effective project management methods and techniques;
- Current business trends and terminology;
- Microsoft application software and graphic software such as PageMaker, Quark, PhotoShop and website editing tools.
- Developing and analyzing measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing program;
- Graphic design and layout of printed material;
- Leading marketing projects and teams;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Operating a computer and various software packages.
- Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, within and outside the college;
- Operate a variety of office equipment;
- Effectively communicate in oral and written form.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
1.Organized and experienced in creating work-flow plans for creative team, and communicating needs and expectations to clients.
2.Experience writing creative briefs and scoping documents.
3.Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams and clients.
4.Experience juggling multiple, competing deadlines.
5.Flexibility within a fast-paced work environment.
Additional Posting Information:To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
- When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time:
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.