- Google Cloud Platform
- Responsive Web Design
We are seeking a full stack developer who can assist the Publishing department with managing and developing our current technology products and provide vision and strategy to take us to the next level over the next several years. Our ideal candidate has a desire to work with an organization and team that affects millions of lives around the world with the transforming message and community of God. They are comfortable jumping in, learning, tackling complex problems, and persevering to craft amazing products and experiences. They like to both dream and build. They are passionate about software development, web applications, and the Word of God.
This position’s is out of our Hurst, TX location. Remote work agreement is acceptable. However, there will be designated periods of working full-time in Hurst.
1. Help cast vision and set strategy for how Publishing writes and integrates custom software and web applications.
2. Develop and maintain new and existing software to accomplish the company’s publishing vision.
3. Supply strong technical leadership and never settle for the status quo.
4. Work together with the Publishing team to create consistency in both design and architecture across all product experiences.
5. Collaborate with other teams to deliver great solutions.
6. Demonstrate highest standards of excellence and focus on continuous improvement.
7. As needed, participate in the selection of vendors contracted to augment developer staff and oversee the development efforts executed by them.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
3. 4+ years professional experience developing for both back-end and front-end.
Job Description for Page 2
4. Entrepreneurial mindset and able to work in an iterative and fast-paced development environment.
5. Desire and ability to research, learn, and use new technologies.
6. Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
7. Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team.
1. Systems architecture: Proficiency in designing and implementing robust and scalable systems from scratch with responsive UI that meets future needs.
2. Servers: Able to improve performance and solve problems. Experienced with scaling web applications, developing APIs, and web protocols.
3. Quality: Skillful using different build deployment systems, testing patterns, and continuous monitoring and integration processes.
5. Up-to-date: Familiar with current events, patterns, and trends in the world of web development.
6. Experience with one or more modern front-end frameworks and persistency systems
7. Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
8. Experience developing Progressive Web Apps and/or mobile apps.
9. Experience with digital publishing systems, content management systems, and/or customer experience platforms.
10. Experience with automated typesetting solutions such as Prince, Antenna House, or RenderX.
11. Deep understanding of Regular Expressions and text conversions.
12. Strong innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
13. Ability to lead and provide oversight to a small development team.
14. Experience working with human languages other than English, including complex ones like Arabic, Chinese, and Thai.
Responsible to: Senior Director of Publishing
? Program Development teams, including content and Translation
? Teams responsible for field implementation strategies of programs, including regional teams
? Marketing and Communication teams
Training and Development
1. Become familiar with all Bible League International’s core Scripture engagement programs, including programs in development.
Job Description for Page 3
2. Become familiar with current publishing processes
Standards of Performance
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
? We believe this ministry belongs to God.
? We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
? We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
? We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
? We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
? We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
? We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
? We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 6 months of a new position and annually thereafter by the Senior Director of Publishing. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League International's Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.