What is a Commercial Parts Pro?
At Advance Auto Parts, a Commercial Parts Pro (CPP) is part of the management team and is responsible for maximizing Commercial sales and profitability by providing legendary customer service to current commercial customers and establishing relationships with new commercial prospects. This position works closely with the General Manager to manage all aspects of the Commercial Operations and leads the customer service effort of the Commercial team. The Commercial Parts Pro must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the Commercial business profitably and with integrity. This must be accomplished in a way that is consistent with Advance Auto parts 3 core values (Inspire, Serve, and Grow).
Essential Leadership Skills needed to be a successful Commercial Parts Pro
- Consistently provides professional, courteous and prompt customer service to both commercial and retail customers, utilizing parts experience and knowledge to ensure legendary customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes a strong knowledge of automotive systems, categories of merchandise, including features and benefits, and company policies and procedures to make recommendations and suggestions to customers. Assists in training other Team Members in these areas as needed.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Commercial Customers, building trust and confidence by understanding and addressing their needs in a timely manner.
- Fulfills commercial customer’s orders efficiently and accurately; able to proficiently source parts not readily available in the AAP system.
- Maintains and exceeds Commercial sales budgets, while also meeting and exceeding Gross Margins goals. Understands Commercial profitability concepts, including knowledge of competition, market opportunities, and customer prioritization. May work with the Commercial Account Manager to determine pricing discounts for specific Commercial customers.
- Assists the General Manager in training and developing Mobile Sales Pro’s and other store personnel to ensure that all aspects of the Commercial Delivery Program are operated in accordance with company policy. Works closely with the General Manager on proper scheduling of Mobile Sales Pro’s to meet customer needs.
- While this job has no immediate supervisory responsibilities, it does assist the General Manager in preparing the schedules of and providing daily direction to the Mobile Sales Pro’s. The position is also a sales/knowledge resource for the Retail Parts Pro’s and other store personnel.
Essential Job Skills needed to be a successful Commercial Parts Pro
- Must possess good verbal communications skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform calculations such as Gross Margin; Ability to understand financial documents, such as P & L statements, invoices, etc.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have thorough understanding of automotive principles and the ability to diagnose automotive problems and recommend solutions. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the Commercial Accounts stocking programs.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the Commercial Delivery Program as structured in the Commercial Sales Training Manual, including cash handling, check acceptance, and the proper administration of all credit accounts. Ensures that cores/returns/credits are resolved and organized.
- Responsible for inventory management involved with the Commercial Delivery Program. This would include making recommendations for merchandising mix that would support the Commercial accounts.
- Responsible for the clean and safe operation of all Commercial Delivery vehicles
- Completes all required training materials and attends all scheduled company meetings.
- Performs other assigned store duties that include, but are not limited to, stocking, cleaning, sales, customer service, cashiering, truck loading/unloading, delivering, and inventory management.
- May be required to work nights and weekends as needed to service commercial accounts.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws as well as with all Company policies and procedures. Immediately reports to General Manager and/or District Manager any violation of Company policies or procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary
Prior Experience that Sets a Commercial Parts Pro up for Greater Success
- A minimum of 3 years of prior automotive parts experience is preferred
- Demonstrate parts knowledge and have diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, and all other related systems for an automobile.
- Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and be fleet safety certified.
- ASE Certification preferred – but not required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Parts Management: 5 years (Preferred)