Dacon Corporation is a design/build firm encompassing in-house design, planning and construction. We aren’t just builders of structures. We build character. Integrity. Optimism in the possible. Reliance on each other and a diversity of thinking.
We seek a full-time Architectural Associate (formerly known as Architectural Intern) on the path to licensure with three to six years’ experience who works under direction of others, is responsible for working on all aspects of construction documents, assists schematic design, and supports the construction administration effort. At Dacon, the in-house experience offers an environment for learning all aspects of design and construction.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- The ability to conduct field observations and measurements and translate into AutoCAD or Revit.
- Have a working knowledge of construction documents including: floor plans, elevations, ceiling plans, detail, sections, schedules, and interior finish plans.
- Experience in drafting schematic documents for client presentation.
- Have an eye for interior finishes and ability to assemble finish boards for presentation
- Keen eye for graphics and ability to create sketches and renderings in SketchUp and/or Revit.
- Assist team with construction administration by generating sketches or revising drawings.
- Be a strong self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Have the ability to deliver quality work while maintaining proper time-management skills.
- Have a courteous and cooperative attitude.
What a Dacon Employee Looks Like
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly technical, and creative.
- A maverick in oral/written communications, presentations, analysis, problem solving, and client collaboration.
- Naturally curious; organized and efficient in managing multiple projects.
- Collaborates cross functionally, seamlessly interfacing with clients and internal resources.
- A grounded sense of communal purpose and enjoyment of career.
Individual minds. Collective talent. Talk to us and see where it takes you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Architecture/Construction: 3 years (Preferred)