The Data Analyst works with various departments within the hospital to proactively guide strategic conversations for the entire Growth team and beyond.
The Analyst pulls, reports and analyzes various data pertaining to patient/prospective patient activity from key Designated Market Areas (DMAs) in order to (1) enhance patient acquisition, (2) mitigate fall out of patients from DMAs, (3) identify market trends, 4) proactively identify concerns that could have positive or negative effects on patient acquisition and 5) inform overall marketing strategies (advertising messages, frequency, grassroots efforts, partner alignment decisions, and more). This role works closely with the Market Development Manager to ultimately grow the annual number of qualified cancer patients. This role will be fully integrated in multiple data systems, including Salesforce, reporting and analyzing data trends pulled from the various programs in order to guide the strategic direction of other members on the Growth team.
This role is vitally important to the strategic success of the entire Growth team. Therefore, the Data Analyst must ensure the validity and reliability of data within the various Information Services (IS) systems. This role will also serve as the liaison to the IS team to lead Western-specific pilots, testing, reporting and system improvements.
This role will also be fully integrated into other hospital departments, including Finance and Operations, understanding how other department metrics influence the overall sales funnel and running trending analysis accordingly.
- Evaluate in-market activations with Cancer Support Organizations (CSO) by analyzing market-specific funnels to include: upticks after in-market visits, changes in insurance landscape, etc.
- Understands and combines data from a variety of disparate data sources to create meaningful analyses for system leaders. Reports, extracts, segments, summarizes, and analyzes organizational data.
- Gathers business requirements for analytics projects and products with minimal direction and oversight.
- Participates in high level system-wide projects as a data or analytic subject matter expert.
- Develops reports on an ongoing basis to include, but not limited to, daily hospital recap, quarterly board report, weekly new patient acquisition funnel and DMA analysis.
- Lead Lean Daily Management conversations with the Growth team, reporting out new patient acquisition numbers, discussing funnel fall out and recommending / brainstorming solutions to barriers.
- Working closely with various teams including, but not limited to, Employer, Physician Referrals, Market Development, and Loyalty to strategically guide direction based upon trends in patient acquisition and access.
- Work with the Manager of Market Development and Vice President of Hospital Growth to develop the Growth team performance goals based on source codes, lead sources and referral sources in Salesforce.
- Identify patient fallout in key DMAs and work with the appropriate Stakeholders to troubleshoot the core obstacles that are impacting new patient acquisition.
- Lead source code reporting, assigning and monitoring activity for Western, the enterprise and the sub departments within the Growth team.
- Serve as liaison to the Information Services team to lead Western-specific pilots, testing, reporting and system improvements to Salesforce.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field is required.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience with data analysis or marketing analytics is required
- Experience with Salesforce or similar tool is preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Advanced knowledge with Excel is required
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.