Note: this is a remote position with a strong preference for candidates in the areas of Boston, MA, Dallas/Fort Worth, or Richmond, VA.
Do you have a passion to belong to an organization where your contributions go a long way? Do you want to belong to an intimate but growing team that is passionate about innovation, collaboration and client service?
At JSA Technologies, we are constantly striving to grow and learn so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset, are a self-starter and thrive under a dynamic environment, you are probably a great fit for our team!
- Work with a passionate, positive-minded team that is supportive and encouraging of one another
- Considerable career growth opportunity
- Contributions are visible and have a high impact
- Great benefits package
- Work remote
Network Security Operations Manager
This position involves supporting a SaaS application with many interdependent parts.
This role will work with the other engineers and product managers, and external vendors such as hosting providers, compliance auditors, and ASVs.
Individuals in this role will need to perform well under pressure and have flexible hours of availability.
- Manages security operations and compliance initiatives
- Works with Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) as needed to gather and provide evidence for assessments
- Manages vulnerability scanning and penetration testing with third party qualified scanning vendors
- Assists in creating and maintaining security policies, procedures, and standards documentation
- Ensures software and firmware patching is scheduled and performed on a regular basis
- Monitors logs on a regular basis and creates security reports based on that information as needed
- Monitors vulnerability tracking services for new security alerts, vulnerabilities, and exposures
- Notifies IT staff of new vulnerabilities and coordinates the installation of security patches
- Supports ongoing security efforts by coordinating the remediation of security vulnerabilities with a third party hosting provider
- Assists with planning and implementing future software and hardware upgrades
- Completes security and compliance assessments and questionnaires required by our clients
- Conducts security and compliance assessments of our vendors
- Collaborates with IT team to plan future enhancements and system upgrades
- 3+ years experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams
- 3+ years of strong experience on Linux Administration, including: troubleshooting and server configurations required
- Knowledge of networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Working understanding of PCI DSS requirements, preferably at the SAQ D Level 1 level
- Effectively communicate information on policies and procedures both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter with the ability to own projects from beginning to end
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with scripting languages like PHP, Python, Bash
- Experience in a cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST Cybersecurity, ISO27001
- CISSP or other security certifications are desired
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science or Information Security preferred, or equivalent work experience.
JSA Technologies and sister company, Atrium, provide a revolutionary cloud-based campus card management solution for institutions of any size, focused on the college/university market. We provide the functionality of traditional systems re-imagined for the future. We provide a superior user experience for both university administrators as well as today’s iGeneration students through effortless access to services on and off campus through their mobile devices. You can check out more at www.jsatech.com and www.atriumcampus.com.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $95,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- Linux Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- PCI DSS: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: