The City of Lake Worth invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Clerical Assistant.
This position based on a 29-hour work week with an hourly pay of $12.40. This position will work at the Public
Services Administration building located at 1749 3rd Ave South, Lake Worth, FL 33460.
Part-time employees are not eligible for City health and pension plan.
Entry level position responsible for coordinating with various departments and performing general clerical and
administrative duties; answering telephones for Public Services Divisions; greeting and/or assisting walk-in
customers; and scanning/copying documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pleasant telephone voice and customer service skills;
- Ability to work with multiple department personnel;
- Willingness to learn Naviline and proprietary City software;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and internet;
- Willingness to learn scanning skills and various administrative duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, type 40 words per minute, ability to compose general correspondence,
and willingness to learn new skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Bi-lingual Spanish desired, but not required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long
periods of time, work with dusty and old documents, and regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
Interested parties should forward a completed application packages to:
City of Lake Worth
7 N. Dixie Highway
Lake Worth, FL 33460
Or visit our website at:
City of Lake Worth, Florida
Each application package should include the following:
- Resume of previous work experience and cover letter summarizing relevant experience
- City of Lake Worth Application
Applicants for positions with the City of Lake Worth should know and be aware of the following:
Please note that completed application material cannot be submitted electronically. Incomplete applications
will not be considered. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does
not guarantee the applicant an interview.
Applicants for employment who become candidates for available employment positions should note
employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of all reference checks and pre-employment physical
satisfaction. Upon request, information on the nature and scope of an inquiry will be provided under FS 119.
Furthermore, most of the job classifications within the City of Lake Worth workforce are covered by Collective
Bargaining Agreements with the Public Employees Union (PEU), Professional Managers and Supervisors
Association (PMSA), and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). Consistent with Chapter 447
of the Florida Statutes, a bargaining unit employee has the right to join or not join the union. However, the
Union is not obligated to represent a non-member.