The main objective of the position is to acquire and entitle locations for Circle K stores including New-To-Industry projects, Raze & Rebuild projects and Relocation projects within designated areas of the described territory. Responsible for site selection, contract negotiation, obtaining management approval and securing entitlements. Works in conjunction with the Construction Department to ensure entitlements are processed in a timely fashion. Contributes to ongoing strategic review of company real estate assets.
- Prepares Market Development Plans by segmenting markets into smaller trade areas; rides areas and identifies a growth plan for each area that includes targeting parcels for new stores and competitive stores to acquire.
- Works with financial models to qualify projects for lease or purchase.
- Negotiates Purchase contracts with sellers and leases with Landlords.
- Prepares real estate proposals and contracts for management approval.
- Initiates and organizes real estate market tours for site selection and market reviews. Compiles site ride binders and market summaries.
- Manages due diligence, entitlement activity, beer and wine applications, escrow closings, including meeting with government officials and public hearings. Coordinates with architects, engineers, attorneys and other consultants. Works closely with internal management team to design projects.
- Manages portfolio rationalization analysis – compiling valuation and timing strategies.
- Ensures compliance with requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as necessary. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate, Development, Finance or Corporate Real Estate Management with emphasis in Commercial/Retail/Fuel/Fast Food/C-Store industries.
- Demonstrated ability to purchase and develop retail locations.
- Working knowledge of broker networks, market valuations for real property and leasehold investments.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a busy environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines. Must be willing to adapt to the changing responsibilities of the position. Self-motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills required.
- Requires travel primarily in Arizona and Las Vegas, NV, including some overnight travel.
- Previous experience in gasoline retail management/site selection desirable.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Access, Mapping and Demographic software desirable.
- Requires a driver’s license and a good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,000.00 to $88,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: