Extended Job Title
Correctional Physician - H92934
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691209 - RMF - Admin
Provides professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients. Renders medical judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit. Works under general direction of the Unit Medical Director, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Directly supervises 2 to 4 Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners in the unit health services.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
- Examines offender/patients to determine general health and prescribes treatment and administers medication as needed
- Inspects, completes, and analyzes records, assigns, reviews and updates classification, completes admission notes, progress notes, and discharge summaries and makes rounds on patients admitted.
- Refers patients to medical specialist, or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Reviews charts and monitors care provided by physician extenders on site and at outlying units as assigned
- Takes regional call with other providers within the WRMF to provide 24 hour coverage.
- This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Basic computer skills
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - Admin
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+ * Current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. * Current Drug Enforcement Agency and Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates.