W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Cyber Engineer to provide software development and lifecycle support of shipboard control systems onboard US Navy ships.
Position responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the following:
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Provide technical services in support of delivering cyber-secure systems and solutions including the development and submittal of Risk Management Framework (RMF) risk assessments, implementation of DoD secure system configuration and hardening, requirements identified in Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability assessments, anti-virus (AV) scanning, Standard Engineering Process (SEP) artifacts, and other supporting documentation required for certifying and maintaining afloat, RDT&E, and/or enterprise platforms.
- Develop RMF Assess & Authorize (A&A) package documentation
- In accordance with RMF, the contractor shall monitor and maintain the security posture of IT systems to include patching, implementing STIGs, analyzing network traffic, and applying new physical security measures.
- Develop and/or test new and existing security features to be implemented into the control system operating environment and/or software.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or a Cyber Security related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in cyber security engineering.
- Security + certification and CISSP Certification.
- Experience maintaining and configuring various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, VxWorks, or other embedded systems is preferred.
- Experience with cyber controls such as intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention system, firewall configurations, and access control lists is preferred.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining new and/or existing cyber security requirements is preferred.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, networks, and/or network security is preferred.
Minimal traveling is required.
Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
- This position is contingent upon contract and task order award*
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd. has a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any additional factors that are protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Minority / Female / Vet / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity