- Federally Qualified Health Care Center offering medical services to all, with particular emphasis on helping the medically underserved and vulnerable residents. Seeking a CMA or LPN to work in a fast-paced family practice care setting supporting a physician or nurse practitioner in providing patient care while utilizing excellent customer service skills. This person should be able to prioritize, be detail oriented, able to multi-task, is self-motivated with a desire to work with patients in direct contact-on a daily basis, while contributing to the team atmosphere.
Essential Job Duties:
- Able to identify, prioritize and offer nursing help as needed for provider.
- Assist physician and Nurse Practitioner in exam rooms.
- Have a good understanding of vaccination schedules for pediatric patients.
- Room patients; including weight, vital signs, taking medical history, etc.
- Completing electronic charting
- Administering immunizations and therapeutic injections
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Perform in-house labs (hemoglobin, strep, flu, lead, etc.)
- Hearing and vision screens
- Blood draws
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- In and out catheterizations, EKG's, spirometry as ordered.
- Assist physician with any additional tasks as assigned
- Ensure patient rooms and waiting rooms are clean and presentable.
- Report to patients, results or messages from the providers via phone.
- Maintain all logs and required checks( i.e. Refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid changes, etc.)
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Graduate Accredited LPN program/Currently licensed in the State of Indiana
- 3-year experience as MA or LPN
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills; verbally and written
- Skilled in translating in Spanish
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
- Working Monday-Friday-hours vary
- Accrued PTO
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance available
- 401K after 1 year of service
Job Type: Full-time