Job Description: A brief statement of the position, including the general job duties.
- Directs, Manages, and supervises the Auxiliary Volunteer Program, Chaplaincy Program and the Collectors Corner & Gift Shop retail centers. Responds to the needs of hospital departments by providing volunteers to assist and support the staff of Eisenhower Medical Center. Directs recruitment and training and coordinates the activities of the 600-800 active in-service Volunteer organization. Responsible for the Volunteer Department financial and human resource management and productivity. Hires employees and evaluates their performance. Implements and holds people accountable for abiding by Eisenhower Medical Center's policies and procedures. Instills a commitment for service excellence in all Auxiliary employees and Volunteers. Serves on Auxiliary Board.
- Vice President, Patient Care, Chief Nursing Officer
Ages of Patients
- Volunteer Coordinator, Chaplain, and Collectors Corner staff.
Blood Borne Pathogens
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required
- Required: Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred
- Required: Three years' management with strong public relations experience
Essential Leadership Responsibilities
- Good management; Organizing and planning events, public relations and interpersonal and communication skills
- Educational, coaching and counseling ability
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and Compliance Policies and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and reports suspected violations.
- Develops and achieves departmental goals and objectives. Establishes, implements and maintains policies and procedures.
- Coordinates care, treatment and services among the hospital system's different programs, service sites, and departments and physicians and integrates services within.
- Collaborates across clinical and operational areas in maintaining emergency management procedures.
- Provides for a sufficient number and mix of qualified and competent staff to support safe, quality care, treatment and services. Determines qualifications, competence levels and standards of performance.
- Selects, trains/orients, directs, coaches, evaluates effectiveness and competence of staff either directly or through subordinate supervisor to promote safety and quality.
- Designs work processes and changes existing processes to focus individuals on safety, quality, and improves performance of the hospital system and involves staff and patients in the process.
- Provides for equipment, supplies, resources and space needed to support the safety and quality of care, treatment and services. Participates in selecting outside sources for needed services.
- Ensures compliance with recommendations and requirements from external agencies such as accreditation, certification/licensing and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensures that staff consistently provides safe and high quality patient care and/or other support services that are valued by patients, physicians and each other.
- Achieves a high level of employee, patient and physician engagement/satisfaction.
- Ensures efficiency, productivity and sufficient financial resources, including adequate reserves, to meet all current and projected financial requirements.
- Role models the organization's mission, vision, values and True North. Complies with and ensures hospital-wide Supporting Commitments are adhered to.