Rake and spread asphalt, base, dirt, or other materials to the proper grade and finish in parking lots, roads, or driveways. Must partner with other crew members to pave per plan specifications and execute any additional tasks necessary to prepare subgrade or lay and compact asphaltic materials.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
- Inspect, clean, maintain tools.
- Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material inclusive of demo, coatings, or grading.
- Distribute and rake asphalt material used in construction, repair and resurfacing.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere material to road surface.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a “safety first” attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Coordinate truck dumping and help direct other equipment operators when needed.
- Ability to operate equipment is a plus.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Raker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
What We Offer:
- Medical Insurance and Life Insurance
- Competitive Wages based on experience
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Asphalt Raker/Luteman: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: