Passionate about working with and having an impact on kids? Believe the world needs innovators? Ready to have a career-defining summer? Have a love for art, science, technology, team building or education?
STEM4kids is hiring instructors to teach courses in cutting-edge technology and inspire the next generation of tech innovators. You’ll mentor student’s ages 7-17 in a fun, dynamic learning environment. Each week, you will lead a class of students in a subject like robotics, programming. We provide the curriculum – you bring your knowledge of tech and passion for teaching.
In addition to course instruction, your weeks will also include camp-wide activities and team building games with your students. Instructors interact with their curriculum—planning ahead, reflecting daily and viewing improvements as opportunities. Responsibilities SHARED VALUES AND EXPECTATIONS
An STEM4kids instructor:
- Representing our mission and values in a positive and professional manner
- Assurance to building a safe, child-focused community
- Show professionalism and accountability
- Take lead to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Respond to camper, family member and colleague needs
- Reinforce our relationship with host site by upholding facility policies and embracing host site employees as partners
- Support a high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality Requirements
- Is passionate about teaching technology to kids and teens.
- Loves to work hard AND play hard.
- Is a flexible team player with strong communication skills?
- Have a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Must hold or be able to obtain Pediatric & Adult CPR/First Aid/AED certifications in order to be eligible to work in this position.
- must be at least 16 years old before their first day of work.
Qualified applicants must also demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming in Java, Python, or C++.
- Robotics building and programming.
- Mobile App Development for iPhone, iPad & Android.
- Web Design and Digital Photography.
- Digital Video Editing.
- 2D or 3D Video Game Design.
- Teaching or tutoring experience.
- Camp experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Ideal candidates have completed 2+ years of college in a related field of study.