At Astec- Riverside Dr, formerly known as Roadtec, our mission is to design, build, and capitalize on the most innovative solutions and products for the industries and customers we serve globally. Our employees thrive in a safe and team-oriented work environment where they are empowered to make suggestions for operational and sustainability enhancements. With safety as our first core value, we take pride in developing talent and invest in training, protective equipment, and technology for continuous improvement. If you share our dedication to advancement and quality services, we'd love to have you join us!
Material Coordinator duties include but are not limited to material handler, forklift driver, cycle counter, and shipping/receiving clerk. This position is broken out into five (5) different levels of responsibility based on duties assigned. In general, the position will operate a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stock/restock as well as check, count, organize, incoming parts, materials, and supplies to verify items and quantities received, and note damaged or defective items following standard procedures. Support production by loading and unloading material, supply various work cells with parts and product, disposition, consume, and ensure that material is properly labeled. This position can receive, prepare, ship, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from the stockroom, warehouse, or parts yard while adhering to Astec’s standards for safety, quality, productivity, and accuracy.
Our Material Coordinators earn a starting salary of $17.50 - $21.50 per hour, depending on experience. Our Day Shift hours are Monday-Saturday 10:00am - 7:30pm.
What You'll Do:
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
- Operate any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines
- Assign all incoming and outgoing product with work order numbers, disposition inventory tracking software when shipping/receiving/picking and transfer organized material to designated staging area
- Loads and unloads material in a safe fashion, verifies that incoming and outgoing material is free from damage.
- Process and assist all inbound/outbound, stocking, picking, and additional warehouse functions
- Loading and unloading truck shipments and stocking the warehouse shelves
- Sort, count, package, label, and unpack inventory received
- Ensure correct parts and materials are delivered to production cells in a timely, organized and safe manner to facilitate continuous manufacturing operations
- Break down and sort mixed product pallets for appropriate warehouse stocking
- Prepare receiving bay area for inbound shipments. Taking care to keep the receiving bay area clean, orderly, and clear of empty cartons, pallets, or debris
- Receive and inspect incoming materials to determine if material meets specification on purchase orders, receive acceptable or reject damaged items, record actual quantities received, label items, and transport items to proper areas for distribution and storage
- Communicate with procurement or manufacturing inventory teams to rectify damages, errors, defects, loss, or shortages
- Process and assist all inbound/outbound, stocking, picking, and additional warehouse functions including inventory cycle counts and physical inventories as directed
- Process return merchandise authorizations (RMAs), and dealer returns, in accordance with warehouse expectations
- Prepare orders for shipment using accepted packaging guidelines in accordance with the pick ticket, customer freight requirements, using inventory control software, and package for shipping
- Count, weigh or measure items for outgoing shipments and/or provide shipping quotes
- Reconcile shipping documents and make corrections as necessary to reflect accurate information. (i.e., domestic/international bills of lading, invoices, orders, pick lists and other documents for the movement, receipt, or sale of materials)
- Load materials onto pallets to optimize space and best utilize freight space, pack and secure outgoing shipments with shrink wrap to protect from damage
- Prepare and stage items for shipment by truck, UPS, and FedEx, ship and receive materials, verify and keep records on outgoing shipments and create bills of lading (BOLs) for shipments
- Clean work area daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Need from You:
- Health, Dental, Vision- Day 1 Eligibility
- Life, and Spousal Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Wellness Programs, Tuition Aid, and Employee Assistance
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-year forklift operation experience preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in product distribution and warehousing with logistics and supply chain management experience
- Follow and actively support all company policies and procedures, to include a primary emphasis on safe operations
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Flexible and adaptable in coping with pressures, deadlines, and rapidly changing situations to meet frequent changing demands for parts on the production line
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, common fractions and decimals in US standard systems and apply to practical situations
- Knowledge and understanding of US standard measurements
- Overhead and jib crane operation experience preferred
- Metric knowledge and understanding
ASTEC is a Drug Free Workplace, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At ASTEC, we value diversity and strive to create a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We recognize that some highly qualified women may not apply for roles due to systemic barriers. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, and are committed to providing a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates.