At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It’s how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Designer to design scales or full size blueprints of specialty items, such as heavy industrial mill equipment and components. Incumbents will also be expected to lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of those components, assemblies, systems, and machines as well as review and analyze specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas, and related design data to determine factors affecting component designs. The Designer/Drafter will regularly confer with engineers, operations, maintenance personnel, and contractors to review schematics and provide guidance pertaining to installation of developed systems. This is a minimally supervised role.
- Develop and manage engineering standards and specifications and follow existing electrical and mechanical design standards
- Identify design interface fit
- Create documents for parts manufacturing
- Project design, work order processing, drawing updates, red line drafting and updating existing documents
- CNC Programing
- Communicate status job progress regularly to engineers and identify and report potential problems and/or solutions
- Maintain software licenses (Maxview, Vault, AutoCAD Dwgs, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience with standard Engineering and drafting procedures, preferably in metals related industry
- Experience with three dimensional modeling
- Demonstrated proficiency with Autodesk and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with ANSYS (structural analysis)
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assigned responsibilities, and maintain accuracy while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately collect and record field measurements
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group environment
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and in an environment subject to fluctuations in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
- 5 years AutoCAD Drafting experience
- 5 years design experience (Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Plant Maintenance)
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
In addition to a competitive wage and generous benefits package, our employees share in the Company’s success through incentives like profit sharing. We provide opportunities for advancement and promote often from within—which means that a job at EVRAZ can take your career farther than you ever imagined.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program