Our client is a rapidly expanding, industry leading national company providing energy efficiency improvements to all segments of the commercial and industrial market. Their structures, processes and qualifications are oriented towards the requests of their customers and the demands of the market. In order to strengthen and expand their position even further, they have an immediate opening for a Western Region Operations Manager to be based in the Southern California area.
They offer a highly competitive compensation package in an exploding market, generous benefits and employee stock ownership opportunities. Primary job responsibilities include:
Responsible for Western Region Operations functions, including maximization of revenue and project gross profit, division net profits, and adherence to budgets. Responsible for the management and allocation of project implementation for the Western Region. Primary skill set focuses on HVAC related Energy Management system implementation, lighting control implementation and lighting retrofit projects. Responsible for all Regional functions of operations by carrying out the following duties:
1. Implement, oversee and supervise regional Operations and Project Management Process, including all Operations Administrative functions (contract, order entry, project records, through final invoice). Primary focus is on implementation of Energy Management Systems, (HVAC, Lighting) and Energy Efficient Lighting upgrades through both direct and Sub-Contracted labor forces.
2. Hire, train, manage, and coordinate Project Management and Installation personnel.
3. Direct installation activities on contracted projects to ensure adherence to specifications.
4. Plan and administer installation scheduling, auditing, service work, and projects.
5. Analyze labor costs and production operations to ensure that operating standards and cost budgets are being met.
6. Supervise projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and project parameters, at or below budgeted costs.
7. Review project proposals to determine time limitations, procedures, staffing requirements and specific project needs, allocate resources as required.
9. Oversee and coordinate the following Project Management functions:
- Review and approve proposal cost basis on projects.
- Develop a strong understanding of customer/client needs.
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including project planning,
design and installation site management.
- Clarify team members’ roles and responsibilities.
- Lead all site installation activities
- Manage all sub-contracts, direct subcontractors/ installers
- Interface with construction companies and architects
- Negotiate construction contracts and change orders
- Trigger PO and Invoice activities effectively and on-time
- Meet or exceed the target schedule & gross margin plan on every
- Monitor and report task completion and forecast of milestones
- Measure success from the customer/client’s perspective.
- Document & incorporate Lessons Learned, Benchmark other best
- Overcome obstacles or challenges in order to achieve objectives.
Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university; and 8 - 10 years related experience. Must have comprehensive knowledge of industry related administrative, managerial, and implementation best practices, and the ability to implement and manage same. Must have excellent human resource managerial skills. Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and related controls, including chillers, cooling towers, air-side and water side systems, DX package and split systems. Must have master knowledge of lighting maintenance installations, upgrades, electrical equipment and its installation. Must have knowledge and experience in the installation of electrical wiring, wiring devices, power and control equipment. Must have complete knowledge of all safety regulations, installation policies and substantial training in the electrical codes and OSHA regulations. Competent in the recognition of PCB and Mercury containing materials and their proper handling and deposit. Must have CPR and First Aide Training.