Job Summary: Responsible for a variety of duties leading and focusing around bidding, proposal, and sales generation for Landscape Maintenance / Construction Projects.
These areas of focus will include: takeoffs, estimating, purchasing, composing letters and correspondence, field site visits, spreadsheet and database work, review and corrections. During snow season, this position may work as an Account Manager coordinating and directing crews in the removal of snow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Perform all aspects of bidding process, including: measuring properties for field estimates, reviewing invitations to bid, pre-site inspections, drawing plans for landscaping or maintenance services, preparing estimates.
- Evaluate incoming bid specifications and drawings for landscape residential, commercial and municipal projects and create an estimate based on project specifications to successfully bid and win the project
- Stay up to date of product, supply and sub-contractor prices as well as the Company’s operating production capabilities to ensure accurate estimates
- Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages; Transmit bid information to subcontractors
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Submits bids and budgets by the bid deadline
- Assist in developing a codified estimating system and enters all relevant information into database
- Utilize standard estimate computer software to present information
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity Project Knowledge
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up question on every bid
- Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned
- Develop and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage when needed
- Creates bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring the right subs for the project
- Follow up on anything that needs additional attention, Follow Up & Closing with the customers / field crews / and office
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with the Customer / Designers and /or Project Managers
3 years experience is perferred
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $22,500.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Landscaping Maintenance and construction Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)