The Timbers, an upscale senior living community located in Apple Valley, Minnesota, is seeking fun and energetic part-time Assistant Dining Room Manager to join our team!
As a Transforming Age community, The Timbers is comprised of team of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members. Our workplace emphasizes serving others, teamwork, our dedication to hospitality and customer service, vigorous innovation and integrity in everything we do.
To learn more about The Timbers and see where you could be working, check out our website here: www.TheTimbersLiving.org!
As a key leader for Dining Room team, the Assistant Dining Room Manager:
- Is willing to wear every hat on the Dining Services team! A successful Dining Services Manager will manage a solid budget, serve tables, wash dishes, plan meals, lead their team and interact with residents and team members
- Assist in the overall operations, coordination, appearance, and maintenance of dining room and serving staff in order to create and maintain a positive experience for all customers
- Assist in orientation, training, and supervising with all serving staff
- Exhibits proper dining etiquette, high standards of cleanliness and attention to every detail
- Knowledgeable of diets provided and served correctly per Policy and Procedure.
- Assist in management of dining room labor budget guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining pertinent and appropriate resident and guest participation and billing (including staff meals), reservations and special functions.
- Understands and sets high standards for quality, appearance, professionalism, presentation, and service. We aim to create and maintain a positive experience for all of our residents, employees and visitors
Education and/or Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience, education and training is required
- Minimum one (1) year of restaurant serving experience, preferably in a senior living community
- Minimum one (1) year of staff supervision(preferred)
- Hands-on experience in dining room organization and meal preparation
- A strong communicator in writing, speaking and reading in the English language
- A deep knowledge of local health and safety standards, OSHA and other regulatory agencies
- Ability and willingness to work as a cohesive team with other community and corporate departments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
The Timbers is managed by a dedicated group of people committed to the vision of Transforming the Perception of Age and enhancing the lives of older adults. In this role, you will not only utilize the skills and experience you bring to the community, but also grow professionally by being part of an organization with core values - Integrity, Grace, Respect, Innovation, and Partnership - rooted in changing the way the world thinks, acts and feels about aging.
Come join us and help us fulfill our mission to transforming the perception of age.
Job Type: Part-time
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Restaurant Serving: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)