Full-time/ Part-time Internship (unpaid). This is for credit only!
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
UCB Internship Program is designed to expose graduate/ under-graduate college students to business management and processes as well as current practices in the Environmental Industry.Interns are expected to learn every aspects of our daily routines and procedures. By evolving in the headquarters of UCB, interns have the opportunity to interact and work directly with the UCB CEO, executives and team members.
We are in search of a PURCHASING/SUSTAINABILITY Intern who can and will be exposed to:
- RECYCLING / BROKERING - We are expanding our brokerage division (where we buy/sell cardboard as a commodity). You'll get exposed to many different companies in this industry and understand commodity rates, indexes, transportation prices, labor prices, profit/loss, and account management, etc.
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING - Exposure to UCB Zero Waste and Box Reuse programs nationwide. You will be a part of evaluating the potential of a company to go Zero Waste, Recycle or Reuse. You will obtain an understanding of how UCB can promote sustainability and make a profit.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - You'll be exposed to the software we've built and how it tracks these opportunities and work directly with the CEO to create process and technology improvements to better manage our multi-million dollar sales force.You will learn which companies have the potential to work with UCB, how to stay organized in a fast-paced environment, and develop initial business relationships.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive pay and growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We foster a true family mentality, where support from team members is only a few steps away. Are you ready to get GREAT experience?
During this internship, your dedication and ATTENTION TO DETAIL are essential to your learning experience, and our continued success. You will work with our suppliers (often Fortune 500 companies) and partners to understand their current processes and help UCB assess the ENVIRONMENTAL and financial value-add that our programs could deliver.
Utilizing your INCREDIBLE attention to detail, you will work with our CEO and COO to uncover and develop new business opportunities that produce both ENVIRONMENTAL and financial results.
You will also be exposed to Accounting, Office Management, Procurement, Selling and other departments within our company.
- Organized and great attention to detail.- Must be able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, ability to run a conference call and update all parties.
- Passion for personal growth and advancement.- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Google Docs/Sheets, etc.).
- Web research, emailing and keeping track of “moving targets”
- Passion for the environment and helping people/companies reduce environmental impact.- Must be committed to work, at least, 2 days/week.
You think you will be a great fit? Apply today and send in your resume!
WHO ARE WE?
About Used Cardboard Boxes, Inc.
What: UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) designs & manages large-scale Zero Waste Programs (including Return, Reuse, Resell, Recycle and Waste-to-Energy).
How: UCB pays large companies more than recycling rates for re-usable commodities and optimizes their traditional recyclables to create real financial value. That money can be applied to the Waste-to-Energy process… enabling large companies to get to "Zero Waste to Landfill" at minimal out-of-pocket cost.
Why: By paying suppliers more than recycling, charging customers less than new packaging, reducing environmental impact, employing people US and making a profit… UCB's business model is a win/win/win/win/win.
When UCB launched in 2006, we built technology and designed processes that enabled UCB to buy used/empty boxes (and gaylord totes) from large US food, beverage and CPG manufactures, for more than recycling rates! These are the gaylord totes and shipping boxes they receive and unpack from their vendors (often carrying bulk food, ingredients, plastic bottles & caps, etc.). UCB can pay more than any recycler, because we don't recycle these boxes…. we RESELL them, as boxes, (mainly to major retailers for distribution and reverse logistics)right here in the US. As a closed-loop sustainability program, we actually RETURN BOXES RIGHT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VENDOR, for reuse!Our programs help separate valuable commodities to reduce waste and identify the most valuable outlet for each commodity.
Our programs have expanded and today we buy gaylord totes, shipping boxes, pallets, supersaks, barrels and drums… all for MORE than recycling rates… and resell them for less than new.
UCB has created a tremendous amount of value at many large companies (Anheuser-Busch, Bayer, Burlington Coat, Family Dollar/Dollar Tree, Foot Locker, General Mills, Goodwill Industries, Keurig, Menards, McCormick Spice, P&G, Pepsi, Sports Authority/DICK's, Safeway/Albertsons, TJMaxx/Marshalls, Target, True Value, Walmart, and many more)as we are likely the largest buyer/seller of quality USED boxes in the country… and now manage almost any byproduct of food/bev/cpg manufacturing or distribution.
UCB's proprietary software is called WATER: Waste Analytics and Tracking for Environmental Reporting.
One thing that separates UCB from "local box brokers" and surely "traditional recyclers" and even "waste consultants" is our online, real-time tracking tools that report down to the SKU-level, allowing for continuous improvement programs. This keeps ALL of UCB's supplier's reuse, recycling and waste data in one place, for easy (and accurate) online, real-time reporting… at their fingertips! For UCB customers (who buy these used commodities), this same real-time data enables buyers to view inventory to see what meets their needs, compare used pricing to new pricing and even place orders online.
Used Cardboard Boxes Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship