Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Counsel/Senior Counsel
, within our Corporate Compliance Department, located in San Ramon, California
, through September 9, 2018
at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 389215
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource in contributing to the enhancement, implementation and operation of Chevron’s Compliance Program primarily for the subject areas of Import/Export, U.S. Anti-Boycott, and Trade Sanctions with secondary support for Anti-Corruption and Conflict of Interest compliance requirements.
- Manage and provide detailed legal advice related to day to day Trade Compliance Program activities including trade licensing (export, import, use) for encryption software and hardware, contract review; guidance for export compliance globally, import and Customs (globally), and U.S. Foreign Trade Zone compliance.
- Provide legal guidance on Anti-Corruption and Conflict of Interest Compliance Program activities.
- Assist in addressing observations related to internal audits and risk assessments.
- Manage and update relevant compliance training.
- Interact with colleagues throughout the Company to analyze contracts and potential client service opportunities for compliance risks.
- Assist colleagues throughout the company in identifying and mitigating compliance risks, enhancing and implementing compliance monitoring efforts and continued fostering of a superior compliance culture; where appropriate, propose process improvements and enhancements.
- Some travel required.
- Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent.
- Licensed attorney in a State Bar in the U.S. (including Washington, D.C.) and qualified to practice in California.
- Seven plus years of legal experience with at least 5 years direct experience with Import/Export, U.S. Anti-Boycott, Trade Sanctions, and a preference for some experience with Anti-Corruption, Conflict of Interest.
- Strong knowledge of: Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Anti-boycott, Import and Customs Regulations, and a working knowledge of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and Trade Sanctions regulations (Office of Foreign Assets Control & U.S. Department of State).
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships, while also thriving when performing autonomously.
- Possess high integrity and record of delivering quality work.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.