The Staff Formulation Scientist position provides technical support for OTC production and development initiatives, optimizes existing manufacturing processes, and supports the development of quality and reporting processes.
Reports to: Director of Research and Development
- The formulation chemist carries out the task of performing the chemical and physical examination of the potential substances and formulations so as to respond to the worldwide requirements.
- Maintain the batch production track records and keep updated with the latest information about the worldwide formulation laws and FDA controls.
- Manage time well to produce weekly progress reporting for formulation initiatives.
- Support research activities supplying management with specific project data to facilitate the research and development of budgeting proposals.
- Conduct research on the efficacy properties of adjuvants and excipients to obtain information that could be used to develop products or plan for new product offerings.
- Performs the work of formulating a number of personal care commodities, liquids, cosmetics, and OTC substances.
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, proposals, and technical manuals for use by other scientists and requestors, such as sponsors and customers.
- Plan laboratory experiments to confirm feasibility of processes and techniques used in the production of products.
- Determine ways to strengthen or combine products or develop new products with specific properties for use in a variety of OTC applications.
- Develop and advance products and production methods.
- Discovering the expected polymer or chemical substances, the formulation chemist does the job of combining non-reactant chemicals. Involved in the production of food substances, and health care items.
- Research methods of processing, forming, and blending materials to develop OTC products or cosmetic products to ensure that manufacturer and governmental quality and safety standards are met.
- Perform a proper presentation of the formulations at business conferences and associations.
- Visit suppliers of materials or users of products to gather specific information.
- Collect information from people through observation, interviews, or surveys.
- Works in a performance based, results-oriented team environment to provide unique solutions to internal and external customers’ needs.
- Identifies pathways to the market supported by capitol proposals, market data and required facilities operational estimates.
- Looks after the maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments.
- Demonstrates fluency in production techniques, industrial engineering, and process troubleshooting, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail in written communications.
Masters or PHD in Chemistry or Engineering with a minimum 3 years of related industrial experience.
Proven ability and desire to solve technically complex problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction