Who we are:
We're a tight-knit team in NY backed by the support of a global agency. We're into giant conceptual thinking just as much as we are finely crafted deliverables, thought and re-thought and then filtered through strategy and the power of data.
You'll like it here if you're more interested in collaborating with the world around you than forcing it to bend to your will. We're small enough that you have to act, have ideas, and make things. Though not required, it also helps if you can dance, or at least tell a good joke.
Who we are looking for:
POSSIBLE New York is seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing team. You are responsible for gathering and translating the client's business and system requirements into a conceptual/functional set of documents. Your responsibilities include all functional and business aspects of implementing digital experiences; this will therefore require a deep knowledge of the customer's business situation as well as how the different teams within POSSIBLE interact with each other.
This is a contract opportunity.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Large public-facing website experience required.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to include consultation, facilitating, and leading workshops.
- Insight and understanding of Object Oriented projects.
- Business Analysis, and Use Case/Story Modelling skills at hands-on level for large projects.
- Ability to communicate complex business and technical issues in plain English.
- Experience of undertaking QA / business reviews and troubleshooting engagements.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented.
- Knowledge of a formal analysis methodology (RUP, MSF, Process Mentor) an advantage.
- Experience of Scrum, Agile, and Kanban processes and methods.
- Experience with Sitecore, personalization methodologies, social listening and social CMS platforms highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
POSSIBLE believes that a promise is the foundation of every good relationship – and the truth is, brands make promises every day. We are visionaries and innovators working in creative, technology, strategy, and data science to create experiences that keep brand promises so that every interaction is an opportunity to build trust and loyalty. We use data to help us identify opportunities, technology to help us take advantage of them and emotion to make the resulting experiences magical.
We've built our agency with our own promise:
to foster a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration that appeals to those who want to do great work and make a difference. POSSIBLE creates experiences for some of the world's most dynamic brands, including Microsoft, AT&T, Nestle, Adidas, and Turner. POSSIBLE is part of WPP and proud to be a Wunderman Thompson company.
Follow POSSIBLE on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/possible-com/ ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/possible-com/ )
https://www.instagram.com/possible/ ( https://www.instagram.com/possible/ )
https://twitter.com/POSSIBLE ( https://twitter.com/POSSIBLE )
https://www.facebook.com/POSSIBLE.com ( https://www.facebook.com/POSSIBLE.com )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.