Our Senior Business Manager role is located at our Patheon Pharmaceuticals site in Greenville, NC and relocation assistance has been approved for the successful candidate.
The Senior Business Manager develops and manages the business relationship with commercial clients, through understanding the client’s organization and business needs, in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Thermo Fisher.
1. Client Experience and Relationship Management:
2. Quotations and Supply Agreements:
- Acts as the internal client advocate and leader of the business at the site, balancing and driving both the client’s and Thermo Fisher's requirements and priorities.
- Develops and manages the business relationship with existing accounts, through understanding the client’s organization and business needs in addition to understanding the Patheon network perspective related to the client's business to ensure overall approach is client versus site centric.
- Identifies the decision structure related to product supply and third party manufacturing, and develops an understanding for execution and implementation of supply agreements while ensuring the business framework (forecasts, order horizon, communications, etc.) is optimized.
- Ensures that expected service levels are being provided and that required planning and technical information is being exchanged appropriately between organizations, through the coordination of information flow, with regard to client’s requirements.
- Ensures resolution of significant issues with the client through coordination and collaboration of internal functional resources to identify, propose and carry out an efficient plan to settle the issue, while protecting Patheon interests and image.
3. New Business Development:
- Prepares and submits commercial services proposals to customers.
- Represents PSG site interests in negotiations of technology transfer and manufacturing supply agreements.
- Completes commercial assessments and generates and negotiates quotations for technical changes and in response to customer requests for additional services.
4. Technical Excellence:
- Leverages relationship with existing customers to identify opportunities.
- Partners with Sales to identify, assess and implement new business opportunities related to existing clients.
- Facilitates effective internal communication of new project requirements, organizes and manages customer site visits, and promotes Thermo Fisher and site capabilities.
5. Financial and Forecast Management:
- Participates in Technology Transfer project team responsible for commercial aspects of the business.
- Assesses ongoing business and provides technical solutions to the client to address process robustness or business challenges.
- Ensures client’s forecasts are represented accurately in S&OP process and are posted into 3-year planning model.
- Seeks to understand changes, risks and opportunities to demand forecasts by exploring marketplace and gathering business intelligence to create Demand and Business Plans.
- Requests and implements pricing updates including annual pricing reviews, technical changes, etc. in compliance with MSA terms.
- Works with Finance to escalate collection of overdue invoices, resolves root issues, and in general understands client’s financial processes.
- Understands and implements the key milestones identified in the client contracts including pricing, payment terms, term of contract, yield reconciliation, etc.
- Ensures all projects achieve appropriate profit margins, through the request, analysis and recommendation of existing and new project pricing and proposal strategies for commercial projects for the site.
- Works closely with assigned accounts with the goal to improve forecast accuracy of client portfolio.
- University Degree in Engineering, Science, Finance and/or Business required. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree desired. Experience:
- Typically 5 years of previous related experience in project management, account management, sales or marketing with internal or external client-facing responsibilities. Pharmaceutical or Contract Manufacturing industry experienced preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Ability to influence others to reach agreements and adopt a course of action.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
- Ability to develop solutions that are mutually beneficial to the client and to Thermo Fisher.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to emphasize with another’s situation to be able to drive a greater level of understanding and develop solutions.
- Ability to serve as the internal client advocate while balancing Thermo Fisher’s requirements and priorities.
- Ability to identify market opportunities for new and existing clients and/or products. Take action accordingly and dare to take risks.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, verbal and written; fluent in the English language (+ local language). Demonstration of active listening skills.
- Communicating with clients and internal customers with challenging issues in a positive manner.Capable of remaining calm while managing challenging issues and maintaining optimistic outlook.
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence
- Demonstrated success in the managing of multiple projects in a customer service environment.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active approach to taking on challenging assignments.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with the ability to impart this information to others within the Business Management team
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting required.
- Operates with a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Regular need to attend to and decipher sensory input that requires diligence and attention to interpret effectively. This is typically because data is complex and/or technical.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) required
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.