Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Digital Media Sales Rep . Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves… we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajillions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit every day and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
You are Steve Jobs. Okay, that’s not realistic. Jokes aside, you are a wonderful person with a wonderful attitude who believes in the power of the internet (so you’re kinda like Steve after all).
We are currently looking for a driven, high-energy Digital Media Sales Rep who combines a passion for delivering best of class service with a track record of sales success. Imgur offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be challenged to educate, excite and partner with brands and agencies to create custom, branded engagements for our Millennial Geek Audience. Still in rapid growth mode, our sales team is highly nimble and the timing is ideal to play a large role and make a significant impact on the overall sales success of the company.
- 1-3 years of online ad sales experience in custom, social and/or native across all platforms (desktop, mobile web, mobile app), preferably representing Top 100 Comscore properties
- Develop a sales strategy for building a new customer base, including prioritizing target accounts, refining our value proposition and raising our profile in the market
- Prospect and pitch new business as well as build and maintain customer relationships to generate new and renewing revenue
- Experience collaborating with internal teams, such as Account Management and Creative, to ensure success of client campaigns
- Track record of exceeding sales targets and accurately forecasting revenue
- BA/BS degree
- Strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem and the advertising industry
- Motivated to be out in the market telling the Imgur story
- Experience with negotiating, structuring, and closing digital media partnerships
- Experience presenting to audiences
- Ability to understand each client’s unique challenges and to deliver a tailored solution
- Strong team player
- Passion for visual, social and viral advertising
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible PTO per year
- Wellness stipend
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image-sharing community!
- Work the way that works for you! Work in the office or remote.
As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.