- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Fluency in Java, C#, or other object-oriented languages.
- Passion and established experience for full stack software development
- Proficiency in software system design
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
- Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Working knowledge of UNIX systems
Amazon Books is looking for strong engineers with backend experience. The team partners with eCommerce platform teams to build unified shopping experience for customers both offline and online. This particular position is for implementing features required for an early stage initiative.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will help tackle a variety of technical challenges, backend and frontend services. We are looking for smart engineers who can effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to clarify requirements, build quick prototypes or proofs of concept and deliver results quickly.
Come join a team that will enable builders to build software and delight customers!
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
- Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
- Familiarity with Windows .Net development.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Obsession with quality and customer experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
- Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats