Full Job Description
Edquity seeks a part-time Data Analyst to power insights across the entire company. Data lies at the core of our business decisions. This position will involve cross-team collaboration to rationalize data related to user behavior, product inputs, and user outcomes, and ultimately inform actionable strategies related to product and business development.
You will accomplish this by improving the reliability of our data, ensuring it is sourced & transformed in a consistent process. You will determine the contextually appropriate way to communicate that data across the organization, enabling data democratization and empowering our team along the way. With that framework established, you will identify key insights to drive our data-driven decision making and support a culture that values experimentation.
You should feel comfortable using high-level goals and targets to create detailed project plans and execute efficiently. You should also have an acute awareness of potential bias in algorithmic design, particularly as it pertains to implications around racial, gender, and socioeconomic discrimination. Finally, you should share the company’s passion about applying their talents to tackle a major social issue of our time.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to...
- Improve the reliability of data by:
- Analyzing all inputs into the app and providing reports on the validity of current ‘cut points.’
- Cleaning and rationalizing data to quickly and iteratively to inform ongoing product efficacy.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to maintain consistent data collection across web, app and API sources.
- Outline an appropriate visualization/framework to communicate with data by:
- Architecting frameworks and tools to enable data-driven decisions.
- Supporting marketing with insightful data to optimize our acquisition funnel.
- Building and deploying Google analytics dashboards that enables data democratization and empowers teammates to monitor key metrics.
- Learn more about Edquity users & their behavior by:
- Reviewing and analyzing raw data from tech to gain clear understanding of app behavior. For example, gain an understanding of how students are using the app in order to determine patterns in housing and transportation.
- Segmenting groups of individuals seeking emergency financial help to understand motivations and use cases.
- Supporting calculations for risk modeling, with an eye toward both college retention and credit risk.
- Proactively identifying patterns in user behavior that inform product opportunities.
- Champion an experimentation culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver that approaches challenges in a methodical fashion. You understand the value of designing an experiment and seeing it through to the end.
- You are analytical, able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and develop penetrating insights in the service of making data-driven decisions.
- You are an exceptional communicator, both in written and verbal mediums. You use data to tell stories and build consensus amongst others.
- You are adaptable, able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions (Prior startup and/or finance experience is a plus).
- You have a degree in a quantitative field and 3+ years of experience in data analytics.
- You have experience with statistical analyses and data visualization.
- You have strong SQL skills and knowledge of relational databases.
- You are proficient with business intelligence tools and understand the contextually appropriate visual to deploy in situations.
- You are familiar with different learning methods (regression techniques, classification models, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc.).
- You have the ability to support 15-20 hours/week of work.
- You have a strong desire to use data to break down barriers to higher education!
At Edquity, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Edquity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $6,000.00 /month
- Data Analytics: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)