Sofbang is looking for a potential Ellucian Banner ERP Functional Lead / Architect for is Client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrating knowledge of the Ellucian Banner functional area processes related to Financial Aid, Admissions and Registration academic policies and procedures, and be capable of providing quality end-user consultation and support. Knowledge in one or more of these specific Banner functional areas is desired.
- Working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner ERP functional/technical environment.
- Facilitating business process review and application prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis and insight into best practice methodologies.
- Evaluating and adjusting where appropriate, the Ellucian Banner setup tables relative to the client business practices.
- Providing project leadership for functional work groups enabling them to stay on time and on task.
- Serving as cross-module integration project coordinator to assist in the resolution of cross-module issues.
- Consulting with supervisors, systems analysts, programmers and end users to develop functional design specifications and gathering information about: program intent, functions, features; data requirements, input requirements and output requirements; internal and external checks and controls; hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, training and support.
- Preparing functional design specifications for conversion, reporting, interfaces and customizations. Big effort will be to un-customize client ERP configuration and get back to baseline Banner ERP functionality where feasible.
- Providing guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and delivering such training.
- Providing direction in developing testing methodology and test scripts for utilization during upgrades and patch application; confirming program meets specifications, obtaining client signoff of efforts.
- Demonstrating strong problem solving skills and self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Working with end users to understand business processes and then working to help end users become more efficient and effective utilizing the Ellucian ERP system.
- Potentially converting designs and specifications into computer code and managing project efforts.
- Potentially compiling code into programs and correcting errors detected in compile process.
- Analyzing code to find causes of errors and revising programs.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to computer code, programs and specifications.
- Designing and coding layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems.
- Reviewing user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Providing functional/technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with programs.
- Revising program for corrections, enhancements or system environment changes through accepted project management processes.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Coordinating with other programmers about program revisions and providing project leadership.
- Modifying and maintaining software programs written by others leveraging change management policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Strong Banner Student ERP experience is crucial.
- Good customer relationship skills.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Business Process Analysis and Improvement experience. Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Strong Banner/Oracle technical knowledge.
- COGNOS or ARGOS Reporting knowledge preferred but not required.
- Strong scripting language skills (PL/SQL, C, C+, SQR, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time