Beachbody, the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We’re an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a laid-back office filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy fulfilling lives?
Why is the Technology Team important to Openfit?
Openfit’s technology team is leading the way for new opportunities in the digital realm. Openfit’s 100% serverless application stack and CI/CD pipelines are among industry leading technologies in the cloud and have been featured by the likes of Amazon Web Services, https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/resources/customer-testimonials/. We at Openfit are always striving to implement cutting edge processes and technologies in maintaining a world class team of DevOps and SRE engineers.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and maintaining our public cloud infrastructure consisting of various serverless and non-serverless technologies. This person will assist our efforts to leave manual, labor intensive processes behind and reach our goal of automation and managing infrastructure as code. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of the company wide efforts to establish DevOps best practices and develop repeatable automation.
What you will be doing at Openfit as a Sr. DevOps Engineer?
We'd love to chat if you have:
- Plan and execute the automation of all types of workloads in our cloud environments (AWS)
- Build and support serverless services as well as Kubernetes clusters in enterprise environments
- Have deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools
- Maintain mastery of infrastructure as code, as it relates to Cloudformation and/or Terraform with AWS and other cloud providers
- Familiarity with CI tools, GitHub, Docker, and container orchestration tools
- Work closely with application developers to build out CI/CD pipelines and workflows
- Creatively solve new complex problems while trying to keep the solution simple
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances and incident responses
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING
- Be a great team player!
The following is desirable:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8-10 years of disciplined software engineering experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining large scale cloud environments
- 3+ years working with configuration management and CI/CD tools such as Travis, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild, or Salt Stack
- 3+ years of experience managing and supporting systems in AWS or other cloud providers
- 3+ years of experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- 2+ years of working with developers in an Agile methodology environment
- Strong experience using standard server software such as MySQL, Apache and Nginx
- Maintain a positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units
- Detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
- Communicate fluently, presenting complex information in a way that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Great team player!
- Experience working in virtualized server environments
- Strong AWS and other cloud provider skillsets
- Eagle eye attention to detail
- Great team player!
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies:
Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.